Sunday, September 20, 2009

2009 Disney Mom's Panel (originally posted 10/22/2009)




As I mentioned in my first post, and as those of you who know me already know, I am a 100% Disneyphile :)

We are DVC members and go to Disney World usually about once a year. I get great joy from helping people plan their own Disney vacations so that they can experience its joys first hand. I also love bringing different family members with me when I go to Disney so I can see their emotional first response to viewing the Castle as we cross the lake on the ferry on the way to the Magic Kingdom (only way to go IMHO for your first visit - you really get the full impact of the beautiful park as it comes into view).

Needless to say I was very excited when I found out about the Disney Mom's Panel.

The panel was created by Disney last year and consists of 12 members. These 12 "Moms" offer advice to folks about Walt Disney World vacations. The advice given is unofficial, but it is sanctioned by Disney. I guess in these days of 1,000,001 websites devoted to advice for Disney Vacations, Disney itself decided to offer a venue for real Mom's (and a Dad) to give real unbiased advice for vacation planners.

This year, Disney has expanded the panel to 16. They opened up the 3-step application process this fall. Round 1 was to write 3 short essays in response to provided questions. Based on these responses, a number of "potential Moms" were chosen to move into Round 2, which also consisted of essay questions. Round 3 is a phone interview which is to take place the week of Oct 27, 08.

Well, me being me, I went ahead and applied. I got confirmation that I have moved on to Round 2 on October 7. The selections for Round 3 have not yet been announced so I have been patiently (or not so patiently) waiting to hear!! I am assuming we will here this week as the phone interviews are to start next week.

I really hope that I am chosen for the next round... cross your fingers and spread some pixie dust my way.


I really think this would be a perfect fiit for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment